Wednesday, December 3, 2008

six words, no less, no more

December 03, 2008

So, I get these writing prompts from mysterious places. The latest one said write about yourself in six words. My first thought was;

Whoooaaaa! I have to be succinct.
Which is six words if counting.

next I wrote about my life
nobody knows their way before starting
Guinness girl loves men and babies
babies made me into my Mom
I live for love and horses
I only swim in freezing waters
I live with crazy inside me
even fire can burn too brightly
shiny candy shell covers inner darkness
born wild, nothing mundane holds me

then I wrote about my heart
true love is only for takers
where love resides, all demons flee
don't look and think you know

then I wrote about my art
writing lust overcomes uncertainty. I unmask.
in words, I find my magic
come to me, I'll write you

then I wrote about my God
faith floods and washes fear away
where none reside, I am complete
all are born, few truly live

Then I wrote my finished novel

Love happened. She turned. Wrong way.


What about you? What words appear?
Can you write you in six?

4 comments:

Clarke Crutchfield said...

I have to ask, Lakshmi -- did you notice that your lists of six-word statements, taken all together, make a really nice poem thematically and rhythmically, particularly paragraphs 4, 5 and 6? It's a poem about searching, and in writing about your search, you know what? You found something. I don't know if you did it deliberately or if it just subconsciously happened, but -- nice job!
Best,
Clarke
ps. Thanks for marrying us!

lakshmi said...

Um...no...not deliberate.

I guess it just happened. Cool. Looking back, I see what you mean.

Did you like my novel? I actually finished one. :>

I'll marry you two, anytime.

Love,
La

Sraddha Van Dyke said...

My 6-

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

everything else is a dream.

AND- Lakshmi, my beautiful internet (and sometimes in person) sister...i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!

el poquito said...

Hi La,
I like how the 6 fleshed out into a whole poem of 6's. Very nice. -e