Monday, April 13, 2009

This Quiet Coming Home

my natural mind writes
easy in words
as the seagull is easy
in flight above a gray ocean
as the hawk is easy
in the updraft from the canyon

my body dances
in harmony with each lilting beat
and bottom drum
in unison
feet and heart both pounding
even my spirit is happy

my heart loves
equally enamored
with a passionate embrace
chocolate
low, rolling skies
babies, horses
the eternal light of god

my mind dreams
even while waking
creates other mountain ranges
other waving fields in which to run
other me’s to live this lifetime

I am this body
I am this heart and mind
I am this spirit absolute

this is what it is to be me

when I die, I will never die

my writing mind
will return to the belly
of the thoughts that birthed her
renew
and be born again to write

my dancing body
will lay down in black earth,
dissolve into those elements
that comprised my bone, sinew, muscles, and blood
and become other bodies

my loving heart
will be absorbed
into that greater love

my spirit will go back
to the source it never left
a cup of water
poured into the river
already flowing

I will fall back
into myself
into this quiet
coming home
I call dying

No comments: